To provide a safe and inclusive space for all our participants, we expect all participants to abide by our Code of Conduct. Additionally, as this is a school-sponsored event, Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School's code of conduct and all rules and procedures are in effect, including but not limited to:
- Use and/or possession of alcohol or illegal drugs are not permitted. If supervising staff or security have reason to believe, in their sole discretion, that a participant have consumed alcohol or illegal drugs before or during the event, or is in possession of them at the event, the participant shall not be permitted to enter and/or remain at the event. There is also the possibility of a 3-10 day suspension from your school and you may be charged by police.
- Smoking is not permitted at the event.
- Any inappropriate, disrespectful or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. Any breach of either the JAMHacks code of conduct or Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School's code of conduct will result in immediate expulsion from the event, and may also lead to disciplinary action by your school.
You must comply with all instructions from JAMHacks organizers and staff supervisors.
- All code for your project must be written between 3:00pm on Saturday, May 4th, 2019, and 3:00pm on Sunday, May 5th, 2019. You may use any publically available libraries/packages.
- All team members must be physically present at the event to qualify for judging.
- All team members must be enrolled in an Ontario high school to qualify for judging.
- Prizes will be awarded according to the final decision of the judging team. If the judging team fails to reach a consensus or if there is any other situation that prevents the judging team from awarding a prize, prizes will be awarded at the discretion of JAMHacks organizers, or not awarded at all.